Zalando will host the 13th Recommender Stammtisch on Thursday, June 26.
Join us starting from 8:00 pm (6:00 pm if you want to watch the match there) in the Zalando office in Mollstraße 1, 10178 Berlin.
We are looking forward to the following talks:
- Boris von Loesch (Zalando): Recommendations at Zalando
- Ulf Brefeld (TU Darmstadt): Sequential Recommender Systems
- Mikio Braun (streamdrill): What is scalable Machine Learning? — Scalability is one of the key concepts in Big Data, although historically speaking, it has meant quite a different thing in Machine Learning. In this talk, I’ll discuss different aspects of large scale learning and how it relates to map reduce, stochastic gradient descent, next generation big data frameworks like Spark and Stratosphere/Flink, as well as algorithmic approaches to scalability like approximation, and stream mining.
- Lukas Lerche (TU Dortmund): Recommendations for Short-Term Shopping Goals
- 6:00 – Join us for the Worldcup match
- 8:00 pm – Doors open
- 8:20 pm – Talks start
- Later we will have snacks and beers.
We hope to see you there!
We are starting later this time so that you can get the best of two worlds: watch the Worldcup match Germany-USA at 6:00 pm and then have enough time to make it to the Stammtisch.
We watch this match together on a projector at the Zalando office before the Stammtisch! You are welcome to join us already there!